End of the year is always a good time to assess your financial situation and see where you can save money in the coming year. Metromile has you covered with per-mile insurance which helps low-mileage drivers save. But, we have so much more to offer our customers than just savings.
Metromile is an Insurtech company that uses technology to invent ways to manage risk and offer better insurance at a fairer price to our customers. We truly believe it is unfair that low mileage drivers are subsidizing high mileage drivers when it comes to auto insurance. So, day-in and day-out, we continue to disrupt the auto insurance industry by not only giving low-mileage drivers a way to save on car insurance but also by building groundbreaking technological features that make owning a car easier.
Still not convinced? Here are five reasons you need to switch to per-mile, that aren’t just cost savings:
- 1.Street sweeping alerts – Our nifty Pulse device can alert you when you are parked in a street sweeping zone in select cities – San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Chicago. We use city data to determine if your car is parked in a street-sweeping zone, and, if so, you will receive a push notification or an email (depending on your preferences) 12 hours before the scheduled street cleaning. If you miss the first alert, there will be a second alert with one hour to spare. Saving you from getting a $63 to $73 dollar ticket.
2. Diagnosing car health – You are driving down the freeway and all the sudden a light pops on your dashboard telling you there is something wrong with your car. But, what does it mean? You dread looking through your owner’s manual to try to figure out what could be wrong with your car. With the Pulse device it can detect engine codes and let you know through our smart driving app or online dashboard what the codes mean. That way you can feel at ease and determine your next steps for getting your car healthy again and back on the road sooner.
3. Roadside assistance – Need a jump, a tow, a locksmith? We have you covered with 24/7 assistance. You can request roadside from the convenience of the smart driving app or online dashboard without even having to call in. We also have a feature that allows you to see in real-time how close roadside is to the location you requested. That way your mind can be put at ease with how long it will take to get help.
4. GPS Tracking – Through our smart driving app you can view each trip your vehicle takes. This will allow you to see how much you spend on gas or how long it takes you to get from point A to B. Also, no need to wander around trying to remember where you parked your car, our technology can help to locate your vehicle and show where your car’s current location is. We have also helped customers locate stolen vehicles in times of need.
5. Claims Experience – We understand the last thing you want to do when you get into an accident is deal with tedious calls or damage inspections or worry about when your claim will be resolved. You can easily file a claim with Metromile through the smart driving app or online dashboard. And, AVA, our AI claims assistant, can verify eligible claims in seconds and quickly resolve them. AVA collects your claim information to help you file, guides you through collecting damage photos and helps get your payment issued as soon as possible. AVA recently got upgraded and now helps you find a repair shop and if you have rental reimbursement coverage, you can request a rental car through the smart driving app or online dashboard. So your claim can be a convenient and an easy process.
Metromile is always seeking ways to improve customer experiences and these are only among the latest technologies we are offering if you are a customer. We will continue to invent the future with new features and ways to improve how auto insurance is done. So what are you waiting for? Get a fast and free quote today and join us in revolutionizing the car insurance industry.