These days it seems like there is literally an app for everything. From games and entertainment to car maintenance and shopping, we have virtual access to everything with the simple a touch of a button on our phones. Apps make our everyday life a little easier and more fun, but what about apps that make owning a car, or driving a car, a little less painless?
We’ve compiled a list of our favorite car apps that make our lives a little easier. What are your favorite car apps?
The 12 Best Car Apps That You Need Now
- 1. Waze: a live interactive map that helps you get to your destination. We love this app more than other map apps because it provides real-time updates and alerts for traffic, accidents, and road hazards. Waze crowdsources their data from all the drivers that use the app too so you feel a sense of community.
2. PlugShare: a must-have app for electric car drivers. This app helps guide you to electric vehicle charging stations wherever you are. It has more than 30,000 charging locations ready to share with you across the US. If you are road tripping you can map out your trip and it will show you all the charging stations along the way. You can also share your charging station with other drivers to lend a helping *electric* hand.
3. GasBuddy: you no longer need to drive around searching for the best gas price, because this app sources and shares all the gas prices near your location. The best part is that is reports the best price in your area with a touch of your finger. Additionally, if you are wondering how much a trip will cost you in gas, the app can calculate the total by entering your start and end city. Cheaper gas, here we come!
4. Parkmobile: an easy way to pay for on-street or off-street parking. This is a must-have app, especially if you live in a city, because it allows you to pay by the hour or by the minute for parking. The best part is you don’t have to hunt for change to fill up the meter – you can do it all through your phone without even leaving your seat. Double bonus, you can reserve a parking spot ahead of time, which definitely comes in handy for the city-living lifestyle.
5. Carvana: search for used cars from the convenience of your couch while lounging and binging Netflix. The Caravana app allows you to search for your next car by filtering your price range, your payment options, and by purchase type (sell or trade-in). The car you pick will even be delivered right to your house. Did we mention, all from the convenience of your couch?
6. Openbay: get quotes for service or maintenance for your vehicle from nearby auto repair shops. We love that this app helps you comparison shop so that you can get the most bang for your buck. Openbay also assists with scheduling appointments and processing repair payments, so all you need to do is drop your car off and pick it back up. Making it so much easier to find, book, and pay for repairs.
7. Audible: end boredom on long commutes. Mix it up a bit and listen to an audiobook. Created by Amazon, Audible requires a monthly membership, but that membership payment goes towards a credit for one audiobook.
8. BestParking: a simple way to search for long-term parking when you are heading out of town. Just plug in your city or airport and your arrival and departure dates. The app will show you places to park your car and the total cost of parking during your trip. Genius!
9. Nexar: an easy and inexpensive way to turn your phone into a dashcam for your car. All you need to do is place your phone on a car mount on your dashboard, somewhere that has a clear view of the road, then turn the app on. The app will automatically start to record what is happening on the road around you.
10. Bravo: no cash to tip for valet? We’ve all been there. The Bravo app allows you to tip your valet attendant through their app so you can be on your merry way. Helping you save time, and face in front of the valet.
11. Spotify: listen to awesome playlists or favorite tunes anytime, anywhere. Find millions of songs, discover new music or create your very own playlist. You can even share your playlist with your friends and family. Having your jams easily accessible makes any drive that much better.
12. Metromile: the best tool to get stay connected with your car and insurance policy. Our smart driving app helps you track and optimize your trips, monitor your car’s health (aka: decodes check engine lights), find your missing car, and sends street sweeping alerts (in select cities). You can access your proof of insurance, file a claim, and request roadside assistance all with the tap of a button on your phone. You can even make changes to your policy directly in the app, so calling in and waiting on hold is a thing of the past!
Apps have taken over and they are making people’s lives easier, just like our smart driving app makes car insurance – and ownership- easier. We always have our customers in mind with all the features that are offered in the app. Since Metromile is pay-per-mile auto insurance our app lets you know how much your monthly bill will be based on your mileage, so you are always in control of how much you pay each month.
We’re revolutionizing the car insurance industry and if you’re ready for transparent pricing, and insurance that does more for drivers then get a free quote to see how much you could save with Metromile.
Kelsey Glynn is a blogger and owner of Social Graces, a business to support others in their social media needs. She is a contributing blog writer for East Valley Moms Blog, a social media content creator, and an avid photo taker. She is Metromile’s Senior Social Media Advocate and helps to maintain our online communities. You can catch her adventuring around AZ and living the mom life on Instagram.