One of the many reasons drivers seek out a solid car insurance plan is to feel totally secure in the event that something unexpected occurs. And one major way Metromile takes care of its customers is by offering 24/7 roadside assistance. That means if you need a jump, tow, or locksmith any time of day, Metromile will get you back up and running in no time. But unlike traditional insurers who require customers to call in and navigate a lengthy telephone process before actually receiving help, Metromile makes things super simple so you can request assistance in a way that’s quick and convenient for you.
Three Easy Ways to Get Roadside Assistance ASAP
If you opt to add roadside assistance to your Metromile plan (just $5-$7 extra a month), the vehicles on your policy will be covered for flat tire changes, battery jump starts, locksmith services, and emergency gasoline deliveries. To utilize any of those perks, you can do one of three things:
- Use your Metromile app. You already know the Metromile app is awesome for a multitude of reasons (it can keep you on track with important trip data, keep your car in tip top shape thanks to diagnostic info, and much more). But the Metromile app is also one key way to access roadside assistance. Here’s how:
- Log into your app and tap the ‘Insurance’ icon on the bottom right.
- Tap the ‘Roadside’ icon in the top left and follow the prompts on the screen.
- Answer the series of questions regarding your incident to help Metromile determine what type of assistance you need.
- That’s it! As soon as you complete the prompts, someone is dispatched and help is on the way.
- Use your online dashboard. The Metromile online dashboard really is the one-stop shop for all things policy-related. And it’s also another easy way to request roadside assistance by following these simple steps:
- Navigate to the dashboard either online or via the Metromile app.
- Click the ‘Claims’ tab on the top navigation bar.
- From there, click ‘Request Roadside Assistance’ in the right-hand menu.
- Follow the prompts to determine the kind of help you need, and sit back until someone arrives.
- Call Metromile roadside assistance. Not into navigating menus or typing out your answers? No problem. It’s ridiculously easy to request roadside assistance with a quick call — just dial 1-800-983-3400 and someone will be out to help you in a snap.
Still have questions about the value of roadside assistance or any of the other features Metromile customers love? Visit the Help Center for answers to some of the most frequently asked questions, and if you’re not a Metromile customer yet, get your free quote today.